This feature allows adding employees to a department. It’s useful when generating reports for employees, as you can sort and filter them out by specific departments. A company usually has different departments, such as Sales, Accounting, Support, etc. A manager will be able to pull specific reports for that department, and view employees based on filtering by departments.
To add employees to a department:
- Click on Settings, then click on Departments tab.
- Click on Create Department located on the top right.
- Enter the Department Code. It could only digits or letter or a combination of both.
- Enter the Department Name.
- Click Create and the new department name will display on the list.