Users: Pay Differential (Schedules)
Pay/Wage differential is a term used in time tracking and payroll systems to analyze the relation between the wage rate and the risk or attributes of a particular job. In the Easy Clocking system, this could be accomplished using schedules. At the time schedules are being assigned, each schedule can be configured to have a specific rate. There are two pay differentials that can be configured: with a fixed rate for the schedule or with a multiple of the hourly rate.
Assigning Pay Differentials to Schedules:
- Click on Dashboard, then click on Schedules.
- Select one or more employees from the list.
- Select the days for the schedule.
- Confirm steps 1-6 are accurate.
- On step 7 (Pay Differential) check mark it and then select from the drop down either Fixed or Multiple.
– Fixed.- Enter a fixed hourly rate amount for hours worked within this schedule.
For example: If you want to pay the employee $12/hr instead of their normal $10 per hour rate, then just enter $12 in this field.
– Multiple.- Enter a number that will be multiplied times the base hourly rate defined on the employee profile.
For example: If you want to pay the employee 2 times their normal rate, enter 2 in the multiple fields.
- Then click create to finish.