PayClass: Schedule Assignment
A payclass is a set of rules that defines how overtime, double time, and if lunch will be deducted and or paid. As default a pay class must be assigned to an employee, this will be the default pay class used for the time card calculation. As an addition, you can override the employee default pay class by assigning a new pay class at the schedule level.
When assigning a pay class to a schedule, this will override the pay class assigned to the employee. In this case, the pay class rules for the schedule will only apply to the daily OT, daily double OT, deduct lunch, and pay lunch settings.
Examples of when to use the payclass by schedule.
- If you wish to pay one or more employees all hours worked in a day as overtime.
- If you wish to pay one or more employees all hours worked in a day as double-time.
- If you wish to pay double-time on Sundays.
How to assign a payclass by schedule:
- Click on Dashboard, then click on Schedules.
- Select one or more employees from the list.
- Select the days for the schedule.
- Confirm steps 1-4 are accurate.
- On step 5 select the Payclass to use for this schedule.
- Then click Create.